CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

BEAUTIFUL

This afternoon, January 26, 2008, I have encountered a very intriguing question which for me I am only expecting to hear from my future wife or fiancé. This is when an officemate of mine ask me whether she is beautiful or not. Well, what else I can say but she is beautiful and that for sure satisfies her senses. But what is really beauty for me?

Maslow’s hierarchy of needs states that the first need of every man is the physiological need which entails for us as a human being to look good to others. this would mean that we should care for ourselves in order to look nice to others. but the question is how about those persons with physical infirmities, is such need fully satisfied in them.

Speaking from my own experience, I personally not meticulous about my looks as I am contented with what I am and what I have. I just think that even though I look different from the others, I am even much better than them considering that I can do what they cannot. That is not to brag about my personal accomplishments as a student, an employee and ultimately as a son to my parents.

Overcoming the first strata of the hierarchy of needs as proposed by Maslow does not mean that one should be contended in his life. This is so as life is a continuing process and ultimately we should strive to be at our very best in order to look good in our society and ultimately to our Creator.

0 comments: